Friday, October 2, 2009

Portfolio update

I am going to post monthly updates on my portfolio's performance. This will help me keep track of what I do well and what I don't. If I lose 20% in one month and I traded mostly Strangles that month - I will know in the future to stay away from strangles.

Month's Return:
7.44%
# of Trades:
56
Back Ratios:
6
Calendars:
13
Stock Trades:
29
Straddle:
1
Others: (Close outstanding spreads)
7


Most of my profit came from the Calendars - however, I still have 5 calendars outstanding and until Oct 16th, I cannot simply bank those profits. The stocks and outstanding spreads from previous months contributed significantly as well.

My most significant losses were with the straddle and some stock trades. However, I did stick to plan and did not have any trade that lost more than 2% of my portfolio.

Overall a good month. I expect the calendars to pay off very well over Oct - as long as the SPY does not fall below 100.

-By Wown
StockJockz.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Maumaj said...

I discovered your site thanks to a referral from Daniel Patterson's Daily DeMark site. His blog has been deleted since yesterday.
Do you have any idea if he is operating under a different address or what has happened?

Market Mike said...

I'm unaware of a new address, but as soon as I hear of something I'll be sure to add the link to the blog.

Unknown said...

Really, it's a very good post....





penny stock to watch

Post a Comment