Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Excel Journal

Since March 11th, I have not had a chance to post everyday, but I traded three new trades in that time.
Nothing too exciting happened though. One loss, one breakeven, and one gain. One thing I noticed though, while I was not logging my trades, I was starting to really doubt myself and think "this is not working, I am not making any money, bla bla bla. I should revise my strategy" Actually, I even traded one trade going completely against my strategy (ended up in break even).

But as I sat down today to log all the trades, I noticed that my account position overall changed a mere ~.1% after commissions!! And, clearly I have not been losing - only 1 of the three trades resulted in a loss (and had i followed my method, two would have been wins rather than 1 breakeven). I thought it was very interesting to realize that just the simple act of not logging trades and going into the weekend had me thinking and going off on bad tangents.


Anyway, instead of posting all the trades I logged, I want to share my journal. The format is very similar to Big Mike's journal but I have changed a bunch of things to suit my needs. The data is very limited so some of the stats are a bit skewy (I only wish i was making 76%/year :D ).







0 comments:

Post a Comment